Parlour X Store by Tobias Partners, Sydney – Australia

November 9th, 2015 by retail design blog

Parlour X has been a fixture in Sydney’s flourishing fashion scene since its insurrection almost three decades ago. By 2015, picking up a Prix de Marie Claire for best Australian boutique along the way, it became apparent they had outgrown their original terrace location. Earlier this year Parlour X relocated to st. John’s Church, not only a historic building, but also a much bigger space in the upscale Paddington neighbourhood. Built in 1845, the church is a landmark of oxford street and has been lovingly transformed by founder Eva Galambos in collab with acclaimed local practice Tobias Partners. The building is heritage-listed and thus the renovation focused on preserving its shell while adding subtle finishes that contrast beautifully with the majestic backdrop of sandstone. As said, Parlour X has become a preferred shopping destination of the city’s fashion forward and stocks a tightly curated range of high-end women’s brands from down under and across the planet, including Céline, Maticevski, Chloè, Christopher Esber and Balmain.

Salvage bar by Tima Winter Inc, Los Angeles
Set in the heart of the fashion district, Salvage marries the old with the n...
La Petite Bretagne restaurant by Paul Crofts Studio, London
London based Paul Crofts Studio has redesigned the new restaurant 'La Petite...
WHO*S WHO showroom by >
Every single element, decoration and excess is simplified and dematerialized...
Megabass stand design by switch lab inc, Tokyo - Japan
Megabass stand design by switch lab inc, Tokyo - Japan

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *