IE University is seeking an associate director to join its faculty of architecture and design in Madrid, Spain.
The associate director is a key member of the school management team and reports directly to the dean and associate dean of the school.
They will have a strong understanding of the field of architecture and/or design.
Key action areas:
Support the dean´s office in high-level administrative academic matters:
- contracts for partnership building: MOU´s with associations and companies
- coordination of any contractor´s agreements
- coordinate with directors the successful delivery of ACSUCYL reports for different official programs
- support in the procedures for any academic or professional accreditation of current programs
- take the lead in any taskforce at play in support of the adaptation to liquid learning
Contribute to the academic quality of the school programs, supporting Dean´s office and directors with policy matters:
- support current academic directors leading running and upcoming programs in strategic and executive tasks to move forward with the necessary regarding the successful launch of incoming intakes. This includes:
- support with accreditation processes
- business development strategies
- partnerships and affiliations to ensure the program’s success.
- support and carry through the necessary steps to be eligible for international rankings.
Support the implementation of the business strategy of the school:
- research, data gathering, and analysis of the different factors affecting the School’s growth including but not limited to: competitors, current school KPIs, current trends in the professional market that can feed into the school academic programs and their subsequent development and/or the creation of new programs based on market needs, amongst others
Create and maintain clear communication pathways and contribute to the quality of the school programs. Contribute to the quality assurance of internal and external communications from the school, with those involved in the process.
- leading and managing masterclasses in coordination with program directors, for ongoing academic programs
- interacting with different departments of IE to ensure service provisions for students and solve problems in the shortest time possible
- support the school in general school events in coordination with the school coordinator to make sure all events run properly and the school is properly represented in front of all its stakeholders
- supervise the monthly School newsletter in support of the school coordinator
- review the school website and university website
- coordinate with IE worldwide, pathways, and marketing to ensure school growth be it from a branding perspective or to recruit students globally
- assist in the preparation of presentations, articles, and/or reports geared toward internal and external stakeholders and the school community as a whole
- coordinate academic and commercially tailored events in collaboration with partner companies/organisations.
- monitor and maintain the quality control of all channels being initiated by the school be it websites, social media, and other media publications
- contribute to communicate clearly the messages to be sent out to potential students in the markets, in coordination with those responsible to develop and deliver the message
- master’s degree from a top university. Preferable in a field that would allow for a holistic understanding combined with the ability to manage and implement the strategies and policies of the institution
- bachelor’s degree preferably in the architecture, engineering or the design sector
- bilingual in English and Spanish is required. Other languages are a plus
- three to five years of management experience (higher education preferred) along with supervisory experience
- proven experience in building academic programs and improving them with progressive and innovative ideas
- flexibility and ability to work in complex environments dealing with operational tasks whilst maintaining the strategic view
- strong interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure
- strategic thinker with solid marketing and customer service experience
- analytical skills, ability to pay particular attention to detail and accuracy
- experience in working with data and providing data support and advice.
- good working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools or equivalents, including Excel