Ackroyd Lowrie is seeking an associate director to join its team in London.
Ackroyd Lowrie is a fast-growing, innovative architecture practice based in the creative hub of Vyner Street, East London.
We work across a range of sectors and scales but always with the same commitment to design quality. We have developed an award-winning design process which uses VR technology to put our clients at the heart of the design process.
We are currently working on regeneration schemes for half a billion pounds worth of new homes and workplaces, and our long-term aim is to be on the cutting edge of designing the cities of the future.
We are looking for an ambitious associate director who wants to manage a young, talented team and oversee a wide range of projects. This is a perfect opportunity for a proactive, reliable, organised, and go-getting individual to flourish in an exciting practice and work in a great studio environment.
- experience of managing teams and overseeing multiple projects
- ability to directly manage internal team, consultants and councils, clients and contractors
- experience of resourcing and overseeing projects
- strong technically stages three to six with great detailing skills, strong understanding of building regulations, CDM
- knowledge on fire issues and cladding
- an understanding and diplomacy when dealing with clients and be able to manage difficult situations professionally when required including potential disputes
- have great IT skills and be numerate and able to use a spreadsheet
- have an interest in innovative technology and sustainability
- good hand drawn skills
- experience of the following would also be an advantage: NBS Building/Create, 3DMax, Rendering
- we are Vectorworks and ArchiCAD office
- the ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years’ job running experience post-Part 3, preferably in the UK
- RIBA stages from 0 to 7 with strength in technical stages three to six
- working on contract values between £750k and £25m+
- working on both refurbishment and new builds
- sufficient experience in the UK to steer a project through the construction process
This is a permanent position with an immediate start date.
Working with us gives you:
- salary – competitive
- training and development opportunities, with high potential for career development
- opportunity for equity/share options in a growing small business and potential for future directorship
- an office environment that is friendly, flexible and multicultural, with a sustainability commitment
- regular social activities and an annual trip abroad
- being part of a committed equal opportunities company
How to apply:
- independent applicants only – no agency appointments considered
- you must be eligible to work in the UK.
- please contact us at the email address given below and not directly to the office
- please do not use your email as your motivational/covering letter
- please send your covering letter, CV and work samples (preferably as PDFs) via the ‘apply’ link below.