OMA has an opening for a business development manager to become part of its team in New York, USA.
Business development manager – New York
Location: New York
Job code: 264
Number of openings: one
OMA’s New York office has an opening for an experienced business development manager who is interested in the business side of our operations. In this position, you will lead business development efforts from the New York office, overseeing new potentials in the Americas and Japan. Your role will involve support for both public projects and private requests; tasks will include research into new markets and opportunities, and updating and maintaining a database of business development materials. You will write, prepare, layout and produce qualifications packages, proposals, presentation materials, award submissions and competition entries. You will be the first point of contact for new potential clients and you will work closely with the partners in OMA’s New York office to evaluate and pursue new potential projects.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for managing the BD team on a day-to-day basis, organize the workflow and oversee the workforce. You will report to the partners.
- eight-plus years of experience in a similar role, preferably in internationally reputable firms
- MA/BA Degree in international business, design, communications or equivalent
- BD experience in the US market is essential
- broad expertise and proven track record in developing and implementing long-term marketing and business development strategies, preferably in the creative industry or cultural sector
- relevant experience in public relations and/or public affairs in the creative industry or cultural sector is an asset
- understanding of architecture and master planning and/or art and design world is strongly recommended
- good understanding of the economic and political environments OMA is working in
- proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite (with strong InDesign experience)
- demonstrated layout and production skills (please include in portfolio)
- knowledge of HTML, Flash, Dreamweaver and Fireworks a plus
- excellent communication, organizational and managerial skills
- pro-active, self-disciplined and confident in an ad-hoc environment
- hands-on approach
- affinity with architecture and art
- fluency in English
- willing to travel for work
- US work authorization is preferred
We strongly encourage candidates with an international background and extensive experience to apply.
OMA offers an open, dynamic and international work environment in a leading architectural office. You will find challenges and inspiration for further development of your skills.
To apply, please use our online application form to upload your cover letter, resume and portfolio as a single PDF file.