DBOX is seeking a design director to join its team in London.
Founded in 1996, DBOX remains a pioneer, renowned for iconic computer-generated imagery and creative marketing campaigns of the world’s most distinguished unbuilt property, architectural and destination projects.
We strive to evolve and innovate, consistently delivering work to the highest quality. As colleagues and friends, we share a perpetual creative curiosity and a belief that every pixel and every idea today must be better than it was yesterday.
Today, DBOX is shaped to be where our global clients are -maintaining offices in Los Angeles, Miami, New York, London, Budapest and Hong Kong- combining our in-house global strategic and creative communications expertise and capabilities with specialist local knowledge and insight. Our distributed business model makes us highly flexible and more responsive and brings to our work the global mindset and cultural perspective our client’s customers and partners expect.
DBOX, design director
Our ideal candidate will be confident, personable, detail-orientated, strategic and proactive with an interest in architecture, places and culture. They will offer seven to ten years’ experience in a creative, multi-disciplinary agency environment with the ability to showcase strong expertise of reacting to and determining client needs.
They will also offer a proven track record of effective communication, innovation and an education or professional training in design, across print and digital. A familiarity with luxury brands and property and/or destination experience will best respond to our client’s requirements.
They will operate a senior supervisory role, leading our small, London design department; and will work well alongside our global leadership and become part of, and ideally enhance, our global culture; coupled with a person who is eager to learn from and be inspired by DBOX’s multidisciplinary team.
- distill abstract business concepts
- synthesize conceptual ideas into final design execution
- inspire the creative team
- lead and guide creative vision across conceptual design, brand generation and visual language
- supervise the design process and technical decisions, including production and fabrication
- uphold a passion and understanding of typography, image selection, print materials and digital media
- lead quality control
- remain fluency in current technology
- communicate daily with active clients, across multiple time zones
- pitch ideas and present creative visions to clients
- translate client expectations and help brief the creative team accordingly
- lead and guide projects alongside the company leadership
- lead multiple projects from conception to completion in accordance with deadlines
- manage the design team, with assistance from our project direction team
- assist the project direction team
- oversee and advise on process
- conduct creative research
- prepare agency presentations
- attend client meetings and calls
- ask questions, take risks, and champion new ideas
- be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
- diverse scale of global projects, including: ESG-led, grand masterplans, high-value and sector-defining
- privileged and unique exposure to varied world-class design and architecture
- varied clients, including: developers, investors, operators, institutions, architects and designers
- globally recognised, full-service agency
- Emmy award-winning team
- exposure to industry-leading and emerging technologies
- warm, enthusiastic, mature and creative team
- career-focused policies
- salary dependent on experience
- flexible working hours
- holiday increasing upon length of tenure
- maternity and paternity packages
- compassionate leave
- Christmas break
- company-contributed pension scheme
- weekly studio-wide lunches
- cycle purchase scheme
- annual museum membership
- company initiatives: massage, regular studio outings, activity days, personal training, presentation training
432 Park Avenue
South Quay Plaza
Twenty Grosvenor Square
One Beverly Hills
All applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please note that the role is London-based in our studio. However, you will initially be working remotely as per UK Government COVID-19 guidance.
Please submit your application via the ‘apply’ link below. In order to assist our process, please name your document using the following convention: