The V&A is seeking a design lead to join its team in London.
We’re looking for a talented, passionate and imaginative designer to join our team for nine months to cover maternity leave (with potential for extension).
In this role you will get to lead on our major upcoming exhibition Faberge in London, design the rehang of our award-winning photography centre and the re-interpretation of our South Asia Gallery aswell as a range of small display and furniture projects for the museum.
We are a fast-paced studio and the design team is collaborative and hands-on, working iteratively with curators, colleagues and collaborators to create an outstanding experience for local and international audiences.
The ideal person will be someone who has:
- experience leading small multidisciplinary teams. From an architecture, interior, theatre or exhibition background, you will have experience guiding and steering the work of team members to meet project briefs, schedules and to exceed client expectation
- exceptional conceptual thinking, curiousity and an abundance of design ideas
- a demonstrable ability to take design concepts through to excellent final execution, including experience working with client feedback and production practicalities to translate ideas from concept to reality
- excellent client and communication skills – from presentation and communication to negotiation and influencing skills. The ability to clearly articulate design concept and strategy to clients visually and verbally
- track record working with narrative to create engaging experiences and imaginative spatial interventions
- experience creating great proposals for projects, including mock-ups, pitch and presentation material
- excellent Vectorworks, Sketch-up, V-ray, 3dMax and Adobe Creative Suite
For more details and the full job description please see here.
To submit your application please click the ‘apply’ link below.