David Collins Studio is seeking a design manager to be a leading and integral part of its design team in London.
The role has the overall responsibility for the successful delivery of complex design projects, managing several clients through the design stages, assisting with design development, and managing the projects through to completion and handover.
- lead and take overall responsibility for large-scale, high-end commercial projects
- responsibility for client liaison and ensuring that the project runs to schedule, budget and brief
- involvement in all project stages including kick-off meetings, presentation, concept design, schematic design, detailed design, implementation and delivery
- responsibility for the design quality
- arranging, preparing and minuting client, supplier and project meetings
- mentoring and coordinating the project teams, including senior designers, FF&E designers and CAD technicians
- generating monthly reports on the progress of the project and managing the project finances in conjunction with other members of the team
Experience and qualifications:
- degree or equivalent in interior design
- proven experience and natural creative ability
- 7-10+ years of working in interior design/architectural high-end large scale bespoke and roll out projects – hotels, spas and ideally also residential and retail
- a good understanding of current trends in at least three key interior markets/sectors
- evidence of multiple drawing packages
- experience of working to tight technical disciplines
- MS Word
- MS Excel
Salary and benefits are very competitive and will be based on candidate experience.
To apply please submit your CV and portfolio via the ‘apply’ link below.
David Collins Studio is an equal opportunities employer and a partner of United in Design.