KwickScreen is seeking a designer to join its team in Ealing, UK.
The global onset of Covid 19 has catapulted KwickScreen from a small start-up into the fast lane, as the world turns its attention to all things screen-related. Throughout this period of stratospheric growth, KwickScreen has grappled with production increases, and a mad scramble to design and manufacture an era-defining product range, which will replace curtains globally in the coming years.
The dynamic new R&D team has been essential to our achievements thus far and to enable us to continue to grow we are looking for a designer to join the KwickScreen team. We are looking for the brightest of the bright and a formidable talent, who wants to be a part of this unique white-knuckle journey in this most unique of times. KwickScreen has an open-minded, tolerant working environment that values smart and talented people above all else. Working here will perfectly suit the talented maverick that may get lost or suffocated in a larger corporate machine but that will shine in our young growing company. At KwickScreen you will have the opportunity to stand out and make a difference in this fast-moving time-pressured world.
KwickScreen’s core values of honesty, hard work, helpfulness, and the entrepreneurial spirit can be found throughout KwickScreen, making it a great place to work. Staff always make time for each other and co-operate to hit deadlines quickly in this rapidly evolving young company.
We are open to hiring staff at different stages in their career, with different experience levels, but talent, intelligence, tenacity and strong self motivation is what we are looking for in all staff.
The designer will be conceptualising solutions to challenging briefs and creating prototypes for engineering to put into production. The job will be very hands-on and will involve sketching and rapid idea generation, transforming the sketches into prototypes, testing them and designing them in CAD. You will be working on multiple projects at once in a fast-paced but collaborative and creative environment. This role calls for a person with exceptional natural talent and an eye for making things.
- degree in product design, industrial design, engineering or a similar degree
- ability to communicate ideas effectively and work well in a team environment
- great multi-tasking skills, as you will be working on multiple projects.
- experience of working against tight deadlines in a hands-on role
- CAD experience (preferably in SolidWorks or OnShape)
- excellent prototyping/fabrication skills
- a high level of proficiency in ‘making things’ including experience with some of the following: metalwork, welding, woodwork, sewing, 3-D printing, CNC equipment