Martin Brudnizki Design Studio is seeking a furniture designer to join its team in New York.
Martin Brudnizki Design Studio New York has a vacancy for an ambitious and talented furniture designer to work on high-end interior design projects in the restaurant and hospitality sectors. The candidates should have four to six years of experience and clearly show competent knowledge and natural passion for great design and have high attention to detail.
Working within a project team, the furniture designer will be responsible for designing, specifying and managing the manufacture of highly detailed, bespoke furniture and lighting pieces. The individual will mentor and guide more junior members of the FF&E team sharing their knowledge and skills. The ability to engage in design development using confident hand drawing skills is highly desirable.
The candidate should also:
- be capable of clear communication; fluent in English, both written and verbal
- show willingness to work on design schemes using both fabrics and architectural finishes with confidence
- be a team player able to support the rest of the team and contribute to a positive working environment
- be fluent in AutoCAD and proficient in 3DMax, Photoshop, SketchUp and InDesign
- be able to deliver neat, clear and accurate technical drawings and design information
- be able to confidently represent the company externally and contribute to MBDS’s professional reputation and high level of attention to detail
Please submit a CV and portfolio samples using the ‘apply’. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only be responding to candidates that meet the above credentials.