David Chipperfield Architects is seeking a graphic designer or visual content editor to join its team in London.
David Chipperfield Architects is looking for a graphic designer/visual content editor to work across our London practice as both a producer and an advocate of design quality and standards. As part of the new projects and communications team you will actively produce material for bids and submissions, creating a wide range of print and digital material. You will also work with the studio’s architectural design teams as both visual editor and co-producer for visual material, modifying drawings and diagrams, supporting the selection of images and developing engaging material of the highest quality that is consistent with both the visual identity of the practice and the specific requirements of each project. This is an exciting opportunity to be both a hands-on graphic designer and contribute to the broader dialogue around design culture within the office, acting as the visual content editor for the practice’s visual communication.
- experienced graphic designer with excellent visual and conceptual design skills, able to produce a wide range of material both print and digital including competition pitches, brochures, screen presentations and portfolio material
- photo editing skills including retouching and Adobe suite software skills
- confident visual editor able to constructively critique and improve the material produced by teams to push presentation quality and ensure overall standards are consistent
- collaborative team player able to pass on skills and knowledge and encourage others to produce high quality visual material to defined standards
- relevant experience working in an architectural practice with a passion for architecture and a sensitivity to the established visual identity of David Chipperfield Architects
- a portfolio demonstrating graphic design skills, creative flair, originality, and a strong visual and narrative sense will be required at application stage