Origen Developments is looking for a head of design to join its team in Epsom, UK.
About this role
Origen Developments are currently seeking an ambitious and experienced head ofdDesign (qualified architect or Part 2 architectural designer) to join its team in Epsom. This is an exciting role to oversee an ambitious plan of development to establish 50 new nurseries in the next five years, in addition to small and medium scale residential development projects.
Origen is a developer of residential and commercial properties across London, Surrey and Kent. We have been operating as a business for over a decade with the scale and specifications of our projects constantly growing. We predominantly work with our main commercial client (Fennies Day Nurseries) to develop a design and feel customary to their brand and operations. We deliver them turnkey solutions for the operation of their children’s day nurseries as well as managing the redevelopment and maintenance of existing sites.
Fennies Day Nurseries are an award-winning nursery provider in the South-East with a reputation for providing high-quality education environments. The new plan of development will involve working with both existing buildings and new-build sites to create high-quality nurseries.
- manage the day-to-day running of projects through the design stages (RIBA Stages 0-4), including both projects designed and delivered in-house and projects undertaken by external consultants
- work closely with the site acquisition team to provide early-stage feasibility input for new sites
- work closely with the in-house contracting team to provide design and technical input during RIBA Stages 5-6
- liaise with external design team consultants, suppliers and local authorities
Skills and experience:
- qualified architect or Part 2 architectural designer with a minimum of five years’ professional experience
- have a passion for education design and residential development
- have job-running experience at all RIBA work stages
- detailed knowledge of UK planning, building regulations and construction
- excellent written and verbal English
- highly organised, pro-active and a strong communicator
- proficiency in Adobe suite (inc. InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator) and Autodesk software (AutoCAD/Revit)
- candidates must be eligible to work in the UK without restriction
Competitive salary depending on experience. To apply please submit a CV with examples of relevant project experience, an indication of salary expectations and availability/notice periods via the ‘apply’ link below.