The Hickson Design Partnership is looking for a mid-weight interior designer specialising in hospitality design to join its busy London practice.
We are a small independent design team, working throughout Europe and in particular Italy, our work is marked by an attention to the smallest detail and delivering inspirational hotels and restaurants.
You would have successfully worked on projects from inception to completion for a minimum period of one to two years and preferably more, demonstrating your proven skills at delivering exceptional quality interior design work.
You have worked on a variety of hospitality projects throughout Europe and will be able to demonstrate the following skills and responsibilities:
- the ability to work in creative groups and produce conceptual designs for new projects
- knowledge of FF&E selection for hospitality 4 – 5* hotels
- knowledge of AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, SketchUp
- the ability to manage your time and the workflow of projects efficiently
- quality experience dealing with suppliers and contractors
- competent in producing FF&E specification, control books with costings, materials, finishes, and sanitary and all aspects of hospitality projects
- excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and visual
- exceptional attention to detail
- excellent standard of both verbal and written English
- good verbal and written Italian would be a serious advantage
- self-confident and receptive to constructive feedback
- a serious interest in hotels, food, design, fashion, styling, and arts
- working within a team environment on large hotel projects efficiently and effectively
- being creative, precise, and consistent
- creating great concept designs, developing these designs, and preparing documentation for client review
- specifying FF&E and preparing mood and sample boards
- preparing control books and schedules
- assisting junior designers where necessary
- the skill to visualise concepts and explain and direct them to others
- developing detailed designs and choosing materials appropriate to the brief and handing such to other designers
Please submit your CV, cover letter and portfolio using the ‘apply’ link below.