Uncommon Land is hiring a landscape architect to join its firm in London.
Uncommon Land design contemporary external spaces in tune with their site and adjacent architecture. We aim to bring a natural and sustainable beauty to the built environment which allows environmental and social processes to underpin a robust landscape solution.
We have designed a diverse portfolio of public realm, landscape, garden and installation projects in the UK and around the world, telling the story of places through memorable, greener and sustainable environments.
About the Role
As a landscape architect you’ll be responsible for undertaking aspects of project design and development through given assignments, liaising and coordinating with key stakeholders as necessary.
- demonstrate a working knowledge of the design process and project brief, supporting the preparation of the project deliverables and other activities related to the project development.
- deliver high quality concept designs and detailed packages that demonstrate developed technical and/or design skills.
- manage third parties according to the parameters of the project.
- act as a team player, actively seeking feedback and demonstrating a positive attitude towards work and team activities.
- support company-wide initiatives and proactively seek feedback.
- respond positively towards clients and consultants.
- provide support to senior team members with client presentations and meetings as required.
- recognise the importance of the project budget and seeks to develop their knowledge of project financials.
- degree in related design field or equivalent certification or skill level; professional registration or equivalent is preferred.
- a minimum of three years’ experience in delivering UK and international landscape projects of varying scale, from concept through to delivery
- proficiency with computer applications commonly used including AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, Rhino and Lumion. Revit experience is welcomed.
- ability to work both collaboratively, and with autonomy as required.
- good organisational, attention to detail and problem solving skills
- a proactive mind-set and good team player
- excellent written and verbal communications skills
- a confident personality that can communicate and engage at all levels
Eligibility to work in the UK is essential.