Undercover Architecture is seeking a Part 2 architectural assistant to join its team in London.
Undercover is a multidisciplinary architecture and design practice, with studios in London and Provence. We are a team of young, vibrant, maverick architects and designers committed to excellence, innovation, attention to detail and strategic thinking.
We are seeking an experienced Part 2 architectural assistant to join our studio in London to work on an exciting project we are developing in the South of France. The right applicant will have excellent graphic, design and technical skills. A strong design sensibility is needed, together with an active interest and knowledge in sustainable design.
Applicants should demonstrate:
- the ability to produce coordinated and detailed design, tender and construction packages
- experience in construction documentation including detailing, scheduling and the production of specification documentation
- a comprehensive understanding of construction technology which is imperative. Additional knowledge of general building regulations is also essential
- understanding of procurement processes keeping in mind the coordination with and reviewing of information from the wider design team (consultants, clients, contractors, suppliers etc)
- skills in preparing, developing and editing concept drawings, models, images or other documentation related to the design
- experience understanding, preparing and correlating lighting/electrical layouts as well as mechanical services
- responsibility and experience across RIBA Stages 0-4 (Stages 5-7 are a plus)
- discipline in their presentation and organisation of work
- an interest in stone construction, and an understanding of traditional construction methods with a desire to innovate throughout the design and construction process
- the ability to detail joinery as well as specify fittings (Sanitaryware, ironmongery, bespoke materials, fabrics, furnishings etc…)
- fluency in written English (French speaking is a bonus)
- to be a good team-worker and show professionalism and confidence in communications
Required technical skills:
- Vectorworks 2D (With the interest in developing skills to reach BIM Level 2)
- have 3D software knowledge using Rhino or SketchUp (VRay as a rendering tool)
- Adobe Suites
Highly competitive salary – dependent on experience.
Please submit a CV and portfolio, along with a brief cover letter, via the ‘apply’ link below.
We work very collaboratively and enjoy pushing the boundaries of design to create inspirational architecture.