Hawkes Architecture is recruiting a Part 2 architectural assistant to join its team in Kent, UK.
Hawkes Architecture is the only architectural practice in the UK to almost exclusively specialise in the design of Para 79 houses of exceptional quality and innovative nature of design. We have an enviable track record and have an unparalleled level of success obtaining consent for new houses in the open countryside. Such projects require a unique and flexible approach to design, a dedication to excellence, detailed research and solution-finding. We are passionate about all issues relating to sustainability, energy and environmental design and we are prepared to challenge anything!
Our ideal candidate has a high aptitude for creative design and problem-solving. You will have the eagerness to learn and discover with an inquisitive attitude towards architecture and the rich complexities of the English landscape. This is a position that offers great responsibility and invaluable experience in an enjoyable atmosphere, working on prestigious projects around the country.
We are looking for someone who:
- proactively participates in the design debate and looks forward to challenging the conversation as well as being challenged.
- enjoys problem-solving through design and open collaboration with others.
- is passionate about excellence in architecture and its inextricable relationship with landscapes.
- can translate and articulate design ideas both practically and technically as well as be able to present solutions that drive forward a project.
- has excellent design and visualisation skills developing schemes and images through packages such as Sketchup as well as model making.
- can produce and develop accurate, effective documents and pays attention to detail.
- is inventive and energetic.
- is self-motivated, organised and adaptable.
Salary based on capability/experience.
Please submit your CV and portfolio and tell us why you would like to join us.
We will only contact applicants shortlisted for virtual interview. No agencies, please.