THISS Works is seeking Part 2 architectural assistants to join its team in London.
We are looking for a talented, proactive and energetic recent Part 2 architectural assistant with a minimum of two years’ professional experience to join our team. You will work on a range of projects in the studio with a primary focus on our residential portfolio.
Our working environment
We are a passionate and friendly core team of four, with an extended network of international collaborators, fabricators and contractors.
Driven by creativity and collaboration, we enjoy the challenges that each project brings.
We aim to create an environment of invention, ambition and innovation in the studio, where each individual is supported to develop creatively and contribute meaningfully to each project.
About the role
You would be working under the guidance of the directors to run and deliver projects at varying scales. This position is offering a full-time PAYE contract with 26 days paid holiday a year.
Initial feasibility and concept design through to developed, planning and tender information as well as works on-site, supporting other projects including several public commissions currently in the studio.
We are seeking someone with:
- experience of working with AutoCAD/MicroStation in practice
- experience of 3D modelling in Rhino and V-Ray/3DS Max rendering
- excellent design awareness through a portfolio of projects
- clarity and confidence in communication; in writing, drawing, on screen and in person
- good graphical presentation skills and experience of the Adobe software suite
- dependable time management skills to self-manage the delivery of work
- relevant work permits and must already be living in the UK at the time of application
The ideal candidate will also have:
- self-motivation, proactivity, initiative, and team-working experience
- understanding of residential projects and standards in the UK
To apply, please submit the below items via the ‘apply’ link below by 9am, 20 June 2021:
- cover letter and CV Up to three pages
- PDF Portfolio of no more than 5MB. This should showcase up to five examples of your best personal design work along with links to any residential projects you’ve worked on
We offer a 30 minute Zoom to answer any questions. This will be held on at 6pm on 16th June. Please email us with ‘RSVP’ in the subject header by 12pm on 15th June for an invite to email@example.com.
Please be aware, we will not accept introductions by agencies and kindly request no phone calls.
We strongly believe in the value of an inclusive, diverse and equitable creative and cultural sector. It is the policy of THISS to treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally.
Committed to building a culture that is self-reflective, constructive, safe, emergent, inclusive, anti-racist and intersectionally conscious. We centre our relationships with our co-workers and clients in everything we do.