Quinn Architects is seeking a Part 3 architect to join its team in London.
Quinn Architects is recruiting a RIBA Part 3 architect to join their close knit and friendly team in Shoreditch, London. The studio currently has a number of high-profile projects, at various scales and across multiple sectors. Excellent design skills, construction knowledge and project running abilities are essential.
The ideal candidate will show an understanding of, and empathy with, our design approach and be able to demonstrate a wide range of experience from project inception to post-occupancy. Working closely with the Director, success in the role will depend on the candidate’s ability to work comfortably within a team, lead projects and work independently.
As a studio we encourage creativity and independence, and can offer the following benefits:
- opportunity to work on interesting and challenging projects in a creative and supportive environment
- pension provision
- open plan studio in a wider creative community, in the heart of Shoreditch
- excellent design and image making skills with a pedigree in design led studios
- minimum of two years’ experience post-RIBA Part 3 qualification
- previous responsibility for RIBA work stages 3 to 5
- project experience in high end residential, listed building and commercial projects
- fluency in Vectorworks 2D, Sketchup and Adobe Creative Suite on the Mac platform
- demonstrable experience with technical detailing
- demonstrable experience of running high-end residential projects with a contract value of over £2 million
- proven ability to guide a design team from inception through to project completion
- previous experience of on-site construction
- previous experience of contract administration and/or project management
- excellent skills in written and spoken English
- experience of conservation and cultural projects
- experience of competitions and awards
Please forward your curriculum vitae, a brief overview of your portfolio and cover letter via the ‘apply’ link below (PDF format). Successful applicants will be invited for interview on a rolling basis, so early applications are encouraged.
To aid the process please provide the following information in your cover letter:
- a brief summary of any relevant work experience and overview of how you feel you meet the candidate requirements
- what do you see as your particular skills and what skills do you hope to develop further?
- what are your salary expectations?
- when you would be available to start and do you have any major holidays booked?