LDA Design is seeking a principal landscape architect to join its team in Oxford, UK.
This is a great time to be at LDA Design. Even though we have all been working from home for most of the year, we have never been closer; and our belief in each other and in the brilliance of the collective has never been stronger. Our transition towards employee ownership signifies the commitment we have to our people, culture and values.
Our work has never been more critical or urgent. We believe in landscape as the essential building block of place, and we are determined to make a difference. We are future-proofing our high streets and towns supporting recovery; making our streets safer, cleaner, greener; connecting people to nature to improve health and wellbeing, and helping to reduce carbon emissions. We are making our voice heard on the climate and nature crises.
Our Oxford team is looking for a principal landscape architect with around five+ years’ experience, to lead on landscape design and public realm projects. However, the number of years you have worked is less important to us than your skills and a creative and open outlook. This is a fantastic professional opportunity for someone with ambition, who wants to contribute their expertise to our friendly, collaborative and creative team. We are particularly interested in hearing from people with strong design skills, energy and enthusiasm for their work.
We are looking for:
- strong conceptual landscape and public realm design skills
- excellent verbal and visual communication skills
- technical experience in detailed design packages through to delivery of projects on site
- experience of working with clients and multidisciplinary teams
- good experience with all RIBA stages, project running, team leading, and consultant liaison
- proficiency in the Adobe Suite, AutoCAD, Rhino and ideally Revit
- chartered status with the landscape institute or equivalent professional body is also desirable
If you are interested, please email your CV, a brief introduction to who you are and why you do what you do and a portfolio showcasing some of your best work (5MB max) to Anne South using the ‘apply’ link below.
LDA Design is an equal opportunities employer.