Lee Broom is looking for a product developer with lighting experience to join its firm in London.
Lee Broom is one of the UK’s leading product designers. Based in London we design, manufacture and sell our lighting, furniture and home accessory products through over 200 dealers in 50 countries and direct to the global A&D community. This is a great opportunity for someone with excellent product development skills to join our growing product development team.
- develop lighting, furniture and home accessory products from concept, through prototype and into full production
- work to detailed timelines, critical path and project manage each stage of development to ensure high quality, on-time production
- track and manage costs including negotiation with suppliers, placing orders and identifying opportunities to value engineer production
- manage delivery of network of UK and international suppliers and factories including regular trips abroad
- pragmatic problem solving during product development and design revision
- support our logistics team with quality control and assembly
- produce product definition and manufacturing documents
Essential skills and experience:
- at least two years’ relevant experience in lighting production design or product development role (more experienced applicants welcome to apply)
- experience of dealing with factories and suppliers
- efficient, superbly organised, excellent project management with attention to detail
- excellent CAD, MS Excel and planning skill
- high level of numeracy and literacy in English and able to work in the UK
As the ideal candidate you will:
- have specialist knowledge of lighting and international standards (UL, CE, CB) and excellent knowledge of the design industry
- enjoy hitting deadlines and solving problems
- be flexible, adaptable with a dynamic approach to your work and lots of common sense
- be mature, enthusiastic and create a great impression with people
- enjoy a challenge and do whatever it takes to get the job done
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below or email firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining your current salary, why you are the perfect candidate for the role along with your CV and portfolio (less than 10MB).