YARD Architects is looking for a job running architect to join its team in London.
The applicant should have at least five years’ experience, post Part 3, and have experience in running small residential projects in the UK as contract administrator.
Alongside the essential job-running ability required in the role, the candidate must also be a talented designer who is passionate about working in the private residential sector. As a small studio it is critical that the applicant is a team player and an exceptional communicator, capable of collaborating across the studio with the directors and architectural assistants. Our studio prides itself on quickly interrogating practical design solutions that go beyond our clients’ expectations, and this pivotal role in the practice demands a creative thinker with strong technical skills.
The role will involve designing and delivering new and current projects through all work stages, and completing full Stage 4 information including written schedules of work and specifications. It is crucial that the applicant is skilled to do this, has examples of equivalent work of their authorship, and has a good understanding of current building regulations and technical standards.
YARD Architects is a RIBA Chartered Practice with a portfolio of current work consisting of design-led private residential refurbishments and extensions, as well as new-build houses and small developer led multi-unit residential projects across London and the south-east.
The position requires:
- five years’ experience post Part 3
- proven residential job running experience in the UK
- strong design, creative drawing and presentation skills
- working experience of SketchUp, Photoshop, V-Ray
- proficiency in AutoCAD
- knowledge and experience of contract administration using JCT forms
- good understanding of building regulations and technical standards
- ability to work directly with contractors and suppliers
- strong interpersonal, motivational and communication skills
- excellent English language skills in both spoken and written form
Candidates shall hold all relevant permits to work in the UK.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and relevant portfolio (PDF only, max 10MB) along with a one-page covering letter describing your suitability for the position by clicking on the ‘apply’ button below.
Please do not include links to external websites. No agencies.
YARD Architects is an equal opportunities employer.