Cross Works (XW) is on the lookout for an experienced project architect to join its growing team in London, working remotely until further notice.
We are a friendly, enthusiastic and highly motivated collective of individuals, looking to grow rapidly and sustainably to meet a healthy surge in new work. We aspire to bring together individuals who are creative, conscientious and collaborative, and whose desire is to thoroughly meet and very often exceed our client’s needs and expectations, whilst maintaining a healthy work-life balance. Efficiency is our core principle; not long hours. We’re open, honest, transparent and forthright in all our interactions, and believe that enjoyment and well-being enables a more creative and effective practice. We envisage that the new recruit will be a long term part of the Cross Works collective going forward and welcome those who would like to develop as a core member of a growing business.
We’re a cross-disciplinary team, working on a range of projects across sectors and regions globally. We’re currently focused on architectural work at different scales/typologies, and larger urban design/masterplanning schemes, although this specific role will require expertise in residential buildings in the UK. As such the following knowledge and capabilities will be required in order to be shortlisted for this interview (although other roles will be opening up very soon, so please do look out for those if you’re interested in applying but these attributes don’t fully match up with yours):
- fully qualified/chartered architect (ARB / RIBA) with a minimum of five years’ post-Part 3 experience
- experience through all RIBA stages (from concept through to completion on site) with the candidates work showcasing a real emphasis on the latter stages of the RIBA plan of work (from stage 3 onwards)
- thorough knowledge of building regulations, experience in the preparation of tender documentation and on site experience are all an absolute must
- residential (single family and multi-family housing) experience is essential
- exceptional command of Revit, AutoCAD, and Adobe Creative Suite is crucial, whilst the ability to use SketchUp or Rhino will be a significant added bonus
- excellent communication skills (particularly in listening and understanding client needs) will be required as well as an ability to coordinate effectively and collaboratively with other consultants
- a strong command of the English language (particularly written) will be a bonus, although a native English speaker is not a must; international candidates are very much encouraged to apply
Start date is immediate; ideally from early June 2021. Where notice periods of one month or longer apply, please look out for future roles. Eligibility to work in the UK is required for this position, only due to the immediate start date in early to mid-June. We are an equal opportunity employer, and actively encourage applications from all those who fulfil the job description and eligibility above, regardless of sex, orientation, nationality, ethnicity or age.
Competitive salary (between 40-45K p.a. dependent on experience and capabilities) with an end of year bonus.
If this sounds like you, and you’re interested in joining our collective, please send your CV (including a very brief portfolio of key projects to showcase your work), together with a short and succinct cover letter describing your experience and motivations behind applying, via the ‘apply’ link below. We will endeavour to reply to all candidates in due course, but will prioritise those who are shortlisted. Thanks for reading!
Cross Works (XW)