UNStudio is seeking senior architects to join its team in Shanghai.
As an international architectural firm, UNStudio is active in the broadest fields of architecture. Our project portfolio covers every aspect of architecture, ranging from small to large scale projects, research and theory. The atmosphere within each of our offices is international, multidisciplinary, design-oriented and ambitious, but also open, non-hierarchical, team-based and friendly, with attention to personal well-being, knowledge development, and career planning.
We are currently looking for senior architects to join our Shanghai office. The ideal candidates should have effective management and team leadership skills, strong design sensibilities, excellent technical skills, a flexible mentality, and experience managing all stages of a project, from concept through to construction.
- minimum ten years of experience working on international, high-profile, and large-scale projects
- effective project management and team leadership abilities
- extensive coordination experience with clients, contractors, and consultants
- excellent communication, budget control, planning, and organizational skills
- excellent aesthetic sensibilities and design skills
- extremely technical with the ability to resolve architectural solutions through innovative thinking
- excellent knowledge of the latest material and construction methods
- proactive and self-motivated, with a continuous desire to both learn from and mentor others
- responsible, accountable, and able to foresee risks and solve conflicts in projects
- working knowledge of 3D + 2D software (Rhinoceros, Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, etc.)
- fluent English communication skills (reading and writing); Fluent Mandarin skills is a plus
Working conditions are according to Chinese legislation. Benefits are consistent within all UNStudio offices. Applications consisting of a short motivation letter, C.V and portfolio can be sent digitally (PDF, max.10mb) to Feely Pan using the ‘apply’ link below.
When you work at UNStudio:
- you have the opportunity to work on high profile, challenging global projects
- you are part of a creative, fresh, professional and academic working environment
- your experience is highly valued, but your innovative and entrepreneurial attitude is prized highest
- you work in an international team that is highly ambitious, collegial and self-motivated, made up of recently-graduated architects, experienced senior architects, and every level in-between ∙ you design through knowledge and discovery, and continually learn on the job