Assael Architecture is seeking a senior landscape architect to join its team in London.
Award-winning multi-disciplinary practice Assael Architecture is looking for a talented senior landscape architect to join the Assael Exteriors team.
Assael Exteriors is a division of Assael Architecture and a landscape practice registered with the Landscape Institute. We offer urban design and landscape services from concept through to technical design and works on site, with a focus on residentially-led projects.
Working closely with architects and wider design teams, we design urban green infrastructure and public and private spaces that contribute to vibrant, functional and sustainable developments. Our work ensures residents, visitors and passers-by have engaging and visually attractive environments that enhance their health and wellbeing.
Over recent years we have developed a diverse portfolio, including riverside public realm, town centre regeneration, podia and green roofs, and the co-location of industrial and residential uses. The team provides early design input into many of Assael Architecture’s projects to ensure landscape and urban design thinking underpins the wider practice’s design approach.
The successful candidate must have an interest in the design of green infrastructure, public realm and residential amenity. We are looking for a well-rounded candidate with experience of technical design and construction of landscape projects as well as strong graphic and communication skills, and the ability to develop concepts and drive projects forward. We operate from modern design studios in Putney, London with circa 100 staff. Salary is competitive with award-winning benefits.
Summary of main responsibilities are to:
- oversee the design process from initial concept through to detail design
- manage and execute project work including preparation of design drawings, specifications, tender documentation, presentations and reports
- monitor and guide the design team and take action where performance and delivery deviates from agreed concept
- manage client requirements and communicate to the design team
- liaise with other professional consultants, external specialists and statutory authorities
- manage and mentor junior team members
Candidates must have the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- landscape architect graduate
- chartered member of the Landscape institute (CMLI)
- at least two years post chartership (enabling you to mentor others within the Assael Exteriors team)
- a confident designer and communicator
- a confident sketcher (someone who has the inclination to draw an idea down first)
- proficient in Vectorworks, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
- experience working on projects in the UK
- experience delivering projects in Revit would be advantageous
- excellent core landscape architect skills; attention to detail
- excellent communication skills; written and verbal
Looking after our employees is a number one priority at Assael. The practice has been recognised many times for its efforts to ensure that staff are rewarded, supported and given the career and life opportunities that enable them to thrive and reach their full potential. Some of our recent awards include winning Building Magazine’s Good Employer Award in 2018 and the Architects’ Journal AJ100 Employer of the Year Award in 2017, being a finalist for Building Design’s ‘Best Architect Employer’ Award in 2020, and consistently being placed on The Sunday Times’ Best 100 Small Companies to Work For.
If you are interested in this position, please apply by sending a cover letter, CV and condensed selection of work samples to recruitment manager Olivia Cross by clicking the ‘apply’ button below.