Bluecadet is in search of a spatial design apprentice to join its multidisciplinary creative team in Philadelphia, USA.
Because we work at the intersection of people, technology, storytelling, and place, our spatial designers are tasked with helping fuse together the work of designers, developers, technologists, content strategists, and producers to create exciting, conceptually rich experiences. We’re open to candidates from a variety of spatial-thinking disciplines—from architecture to exhibition design to industrial or theater design.
This is a six-month, paid apprenticeship. Bluecadet apprentices are mentored by award-winning designers and given the opportunity to work with mission-driven institutions such as The Smithsonian, NASA, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. As a valued member of a small team, you will be exposed to a wide variety of design disciplines, and you’ll contribute in meaningful ways to the creation of innovative experiences. The majority of our full-time design team started with Bluecadet as apprentices, so this could be the start of a long-lasting collaboration.
With offices in Philadelphia and New York City, Bluecadet is a digital agency focusing primarily on work for mission-driven organizations, leading museums, and cultural institutions. We are approachable perfectionists who believe in technology’s power to transform narratives and educate people by entertaining them.
- creation of both quick sketch visualizations and highly-polished renderings
- thoughtfully incorporating technological solutions into architectural spaces
- identifying strategic opportunities to make projects unforgettable
- contributing to client proposals and concept development
- building low- and medium-fidelity prototypes and models
- coordinating with partners–e.g. fabricators and consultants–on design and production
The Right Fit
- strong technical abilities in 3D and 2D software: Rhino (Fluency in VRay and Grasshopper is a plus), SketchUp, Revit, Unity, Autocad and Adobe Creative suite
- a maker-mindset and a passion for excellence
- attention to detail and interest in craft
- a team player who also works well independently
- quick learner with good people skills
- experience with digital fabrication tools a plus
- bachelor’s degree or higher in a spatial design-related field
Bluecadet offers competitive salaries, medical and dental insurance, 401(k), paid time off (including paid parental leave), flexible schedules when appropriate, a relaxed dress code, and the opportunity to work on meaningful projects in a beautiful office surrounded by cool people.
To submit your application please click the ‘apply’ button below.