The Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna is currently accepting applications for a university professor in Austria.
In accordance with § 99 Universitätsgesetz 2002 for architectural design at the Institute for Art and Architecture (Kunst und Architektur, IKA)
in full employment from 15 February 2021 for one year.
The architectural education at the IKA is based on an interacting structure of five platforms, each dedicated to a specific focus. These five platforms are: analogue digital production (ADP), structural materials technology (CMT), ecology sustainability cultural heritage (ESC), history theory critique (HTC), geography landscapes cities (GLC).
Applicants should demonstrate expertise in the field of architectural design and a professional focus on at least one of the five platforms.
Requirements for the application:
- qualification as an architect with a completed university education or proof of an equivalent academic qualification for the requisite assignment
- proof of an internationally recognised highly qualified design and construction practice or proof of the corresponding scientific or artistic work
- university teaching experience in at least one of the five the fields of knowledge set out above
- excellent knowledge of English and/or German
- gender competence and intercultural competence
The teaching obligation includes courses of at least 14 hours per week.
The monthly gross salary according to the collective bargaining agreement for university employees in salary group A1 for full-time employment is currently Euro 5,245.6.
Interested parties should apply by 12 August 2020.
The Academy of Fine Arts Vienna aims to increase the proportion of women and expressly invites application by qualified women. In case of equal qualifications, women will be given priority until a 50% quota in the respective personnel category has been reached. Furthermore, the Academy strives to create application and working conditions that are as barrier-free as possible. Within this framework, the Academy actively supports the application of people with disabilities. Applicants can contact the human resources department or the disabled persons’ representatives of the Academy in advance.
Applicants are not entitled to compensation for travel and accommodation expenses incurred during the admission procedure.