Natural Touches – Sheridan&Co give new London juice bar Roots & Bulbs a design boost
Global retail design agency Sheridan&Co reveals its latest work in designing and creating striking visual touchpoints and merchandising solutions for Roots&Bulbs – an independent chain of cold-pressed juice bars that also specialises in fresh, wholesome, naturally sourced food. With currently three store locations in London – Marylebone, South Kensington and a concession in 1Rebel, a new trendy boutique gym in the City which opened in January, Roots&Bulbs sought to add important finishing touches to its interior design across all of its outlets, reflective of the brand’s passion for flavoursome, fresh and honest ingredients.
Sheridan&Co conceived a simple visual merchandising strategy based on the aesthetics of the brand and its store design by K Studio Architects. Reclaimed rustic wood, exposed brick work, distressed furniture set against a muted, neutral background is offset by accents of vibrant green delivered by the multiple planters on display, alluding to an air of stripped-back honest design very much in keeping with brand’s ethos and offering of simple, unfussy produce.
Complementing this theme, Sheridan&Co created a number of core touchpoints including:
- A giant Roots&Bulbs juice bottle with green, planted ingredients inside.
- Black chalkboards stationed throughout the outlets were used not only for writing on the day’s specials and mainstay favourites but for also expressing the brand’s philosophy.
- A set of striking illustrations for each ingredient used within its cold-pressed juices which, combined together, created a visual diagram of the menu to help clarify the different combinations available.
- Solid copper bottles were designed and introduced to sit at the back of the fridge rails, to let customers know that if their favourite juice is not there, it is simply being pressed fresh in the kitchen.
- Decorative grass was laid inside the fridges where the cold-pressed juices are stored and displayed, underscoring the brand’s celebration of nature.
Window vinyls and urban neon signage were designed to help improve shopper navigation and aid consumer flow in the stores. In addition, Sheridan&Co created a branded trolley cladded in wood and stainless steel in line with the outlets’ stripped back and rustic interior design, for use in promotional events and servicing corporate offices in the City.
Michael Sheridan, CEO and founder of Sheridan&Co comments: “Roots&Bulbs brand essence lies in the raw honesty of their fresh and delicious produce. It pays homage and respect to humble, unfussy, organic ingredients and the touchpoints and visual merchandising solutions we’ve conceived are reflective of the brand’s philosophy and approach to wholesome food. Although accented and subtle, the VM solutions introduced all nod to Roots&Bulbs stores being a haven of goodness and well-being, which should ultimately appeal to its core customer base of busy, health-conscious professionals.” Sheridan&Co is best known for its work in designing retail environments for some of the world’s leading luxury brands including Laura Mercier, Chloe, L’Occitane, World of Whiskeys as well as UK’s well-known frozen yoghurt retailer brand YooMoo.