PTT Family, the Indonesia-based group behind the world-renowned Potato Head Beach Club in Bali, adds the first hotel to its portfolio of award-winning restaurants and bars with the launch of Katamama in Bali in March 2016. A boutique Bali hotel made by artisans, Katamama offers guests an experience unlike anything else on the island by showcasing the best of Indonesia’s rich heritage through PTT Family’s signature contemporary context.
Renowned Indonesian architect and long-time PTT Family collaborator Andra Matin is responsible for the overall design of Katamama. The interiors are a marriage of pieces from the owner’s personal collection and timeless innovative interior design. Many decorative elements in the hotel were created by the finest local craftsmen, utilising traditional artisan practices native to Indonesia, particularly Bali.
Katamama offers some of the largest living spaces of any hotel in Bali. Indigenous materials, such as Balinese bricks, teak, handmade tiles from Java and terrazzo made on site, feature prominently throughout the hotel, while the rooms are filled with curated artwork, handpicked furniture and cherished collectibles. There are more than 100 pieces of contemporary Indonesian art throughout the property. Many of the amenities found in the rooms, including textiles, woven elements and ceramics, were created by local Balinese craftspeople. Interiors designed by PTT Family Creative Team and Takenouchi Webb.
58 suites, each featuring king-size beds, in-room bar stocked with a locally made cocktail kit, and private outdoor space, some with individual pools.
• Katamama Suite  – 320 sqm, featuring two bedrooms with king-size beds, floor to ceiling windows, a large oversized terrace with panoramic views over the Indian Ocean and a separate living and dining area.
• Rooftop Suites  – 268 sqm, featuring a king-size bed, floor to ceiling windows with sweeping views over the Indian Ocean and an interior staircase to the rooftop garden.
• Two Bedroom Suites  – 140 sqm, featuring a master bedroom with a king-size bed, a second with twin beds and a spacious living area.
• Pool Suites  – 140 sqm, featuring a king-size bed, private pool and a spacious living area.
• The Island Suites  – 82 sqm, located on the third floor, featuring a king-size bed, walk-in wardrobe, living area with desk and a spacious terrace overlooking the exterior gardens and pool.
• Pool View Suites  – 82 sqm, featuring king-size bed, walk-in wardrobe, living area with desk and a spacious terrace overlooking the exterior gardens and pool.
• Garden Suites  – 86 sqm, featuring king-size bed, walk-in wardrobe, living area with desk and a spacious terrace overlooking a private tropical garden.
• Unique cultural programming that touches on art, music, fashion, culinary and educational experiences
• 130 sqm swimming pool
• Pool bar
• 24-hour gym
• 24-hour private dining
• 24-hour medical assistance
• Complimentary Wifi throughout the hotel
• 24-hour guest service for all bookings including excursions, watersports, cultural activities, beauty and health and dining
• Exclusive access to Potato Head Beach Club and events
• Complimentary scheduled neighborhood shuttle service
• Audiophile system – High-fidelity audiophile equipment, providing guests with the highest possible “in suite” audio experience, is available upon request
• Airport pick up and VIP service
• Laundry, pressing & dry cleaning
Restaurant and Bar
With five sites across Australia and best-selling cookbooks to its name, this restaurant is MoVida’s first international venture. The restaurant is a unique collaboration that combines MoVida’s Spanish cuisine and PTT Family’s design and architectural expression.
Created by award-winning mixologist Dre Masso, Katamama’s bar, Akademi, is a hub for the world’s most celebrated mixologists and a centre for the craft. It offers patrons a curated selection of cocktails using the finest tropical Indonesian ingredients.